An email sending library for .NET designed for testability and reusability.
The default SMTP sender within wraps the native .NET framework System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient
This project was inspired by the EmailSender component in
The library has been used in production for many months, but the level of abstraction may be unsuitable for your purposes. Please
let us know
how and where to abstract. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
- IEmailSender - a very simple email sending interface
- IRichMesssageEmailSender - a more complex contract that extends IEmailSender
- SmtpSender - wraps the native .NET Framework System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient
- GmailSender - extends SmtpSender for getting up and running with Gmail smtp server
- MockSender - mock sender for use within unit tests
- .NET Framework v2.0
- .NET Framework v3.5 (for tests)
- MbUnit/Gallio 3.0.6 - unit testing framework
Included is a simple app for sending mail with any of the supplied senders using the command line.
Running Unit Tests
Running the unit tests are good if you want to test if a system can actually send mail.
To run the unit tests, you'll need to follow
set up instructions